[pdf version is here] (As of October 31, 2017)
COOL Chips is an International Symposium initiated in 1998 to present advancement of low-power and high-speed chips and systems. The symposium covers leading-edge technologies in all areas of microprocessors and their applications. The COOL Chips 21 is to be held in Yokohama on April 18-20, 2018, and is targeted at the architecture, design and implementation of chips with special emphasis on the areas listed below. All papers are published online via IEEE Xplore. Especially, selected academic papers are strongly invited to submit to the special issue on COOL Chips in the IEEE Transactions on Multi-Scale Computing Systems (TMSCS), and selected commercial papers are for publication in IEEE Micro.
Contributions are solicited in the following areas:
- Low Power-High Performance Processors for AI, IoT, Multimedia, Digital Consumer Electronics, Mobile, Graphics, Encryption, Robotics, Automotive, Networking, Medical, Healthcare, and Biometrics.
- Novel Architectures and Schemes for Single Core, Multi/Many-Core, NoC, Embedded Systems, Reconfigurable Computing, Grid, Ubiquitous, Dependable Computing, GALS and 3D Integration.
- Cool Software including Parallel Schedulers, Embedded Real-time Operating System, Binary Translations, Compiler Issues and Low Power Application Techniques.
Proposals should consist of a title, an extended abstract (up to 3 pages) describing the product or topic to be presented and the name, job title, address, phone number, FAX number, and e-mail address of the presenter. Please prepare the extended abstract using the given guidelines and template. We will upload author’s kit here.
In the extended abstract, the status of the product or topic should precisely be described. If this is a not-yet-announced product, and you would like to keep the submission confidential, please indicate it. We will do our best to maintain confidentiality.
Proposals will be selected by the program committee’s evaluation of interest to the audience.
- February 9, 2018 Extended Abstract Submission (through website)
- March 16, 2018 Acceptance Notified (by e-mail)
- March 30, 2018 Final Manuscript Submission
|Call for Posters|
You are invited to submit proposals for a poster session. Submission should be made through website. Detailed instructions will be in author’s kit uploaded here.
Author Schedule (Poster):
- March 23, 2018 Extended Poster Abstract Submission (through website)
- March 26, 2018 Poster Acceptance Notified (by e-mail)
Sponsored by the Technical Committees on Microprocessors and Microcomputers and Computer Architecture of the IEEE Computer Society (approval pending). In cooperation with the IEICE Electronics Society and IPSJ.