Call for Papers
[pdf version is here] (As of Oct 23, 2020)
COOL Chips is an International Symposium initiated in 1998 to present advancement of low-power and high-speed chips and systems. The symposium covers leading-edge technologies in all areas of microprocessors and their applications. The COOL Chips 24 is to be held as a virtual conference on April 14-16, 2021, instead of a face-to-face event in Tokyo, and is targeted at the architecture, design and implementation of chips with special emphasis on the areas listed below. All papers are published online via IEEE Xplore. Especially, selected papers are encouraged to submit to the IEEE Micro and the special section in the IEICE Transactions on Electronics.
Contributions are solicited in the following areas:
- Low Power-High Performance Processors for AI, IoT, Multimedia, Digital Consumer Electronics, Mobile, Graphics, Encryption, Robotics, Automotive, Networking, Medical, Healthcare, and Biometrics.
- Novel Architectures and Schemes for Single Core, Multi/Many-Core, NoC, Embedded Systems, Reconfigurable Computing, Grid, Ubiquitous, Dependable Computing, GALS and 3D Integration.
- Cool Software including Parallel Schedulers, Embedded Real-time Operating System, Binary Translations, Compiler Issues and Low Power Application Techniques.
Proposals should be organized in a full paper format (6 pages) or an extended abstract format (up to 3 pages) describing the topic to be presented. Both full papers and extended abstracts will be reviewed and judged under the same criteria (originality, significance, technical soundness, and superiority of results) and selected to deliver a more attractive program for the audience.
If the proposal is a not-yet-announced product, and you would like to keep the submission confidential, please indicate it. We will do our best to maintain confidentiality. Proposals will be selected by the program committee’s evaluation of interest to the audience. Please prepare the proposal using the given guidelines and template. Submission should be made through website.
(A) Full paper (up to 6 pages): Please follow the IEEE Conference Proceedings Template.
(B) Extended abstract (up to 3 pages): Please use the following template.
- February 15, 2021
February 5, 2021Paper / Extended Abstract Submission (through website)
- March 12, 2021 Acceptance Notified (by e-mail)
- March 26, 2021 Final Manuscript Submission
Call for Posters
You are invited to submit proposals for a poster session. Submission should be made through website. Detailed instructions will be uploaded here.
Author Schedule (Poster):
- March 19, 2021 Extended Poster Abstract Submission (through website)
- March 22, 2021 Poster Acceptance Notified (by e-mail)
[Best Poster Award]
Speaker of the best poster of COOL Chips, IEEE Symposium on Low-Power and High-Speed Chips, will be awarded as the “Best Poster Award of COOL Chips.”
Chaired by COOL Chips Poster Chair
PC Chairs, Vice Chair and Poster Chair
(Makoto Ikeda, Fumio Arakawa, Yasutaka Wada and Koji Hashimoto)
We would like to select the best poster award from the poster presentations presented during the Lightning Talk session and actively engaged in interactive discussions.
Award winner is selected based on voting of the attendees, and the Award Committee will finalize the Award winner.
Award winner will be announced on the website at the closing of COOL Chips Symposium.
Sponsored by the Technical Committees on Microprocessors and Microcomputers and Computer Architecture of the IEEE Computer Society. In cooperation with the IEICE Electronics Society and IPSJ.