[pdf version is here] (As of Aug 3, 2018)
COOL Chips is an International Symposium initiated in 1998 to present advancement of low-power and high-speed chips and systems. The symposium covers leading-edge technologies in all areas of microprocessors and their applications. The COOL Chips 22 is to be held in Yokohama on April 17-19, 2019, and is targeted at the architecture, design and implementation of chips with special emphasis on the areas listed below. All papers are published online via IEEE Xplore. Especially, selected academic papers are strongly invited to submit to the special issue on COOL Chips in the IEEE Transactions on Multi-Scale Computing Systems (TMSCS), and selected commercial papers are for publication in IEEE Micro.
Contributions are solicited in the following areas:
- Low Power-High Performance Processors for AI, IoT, Multimedia, Digital Consumer Electronics, Mobile, Graphics, Encryption, Robotics, Automotive, Networking, Medical, Healthcare, and Biometrics.
- Novel Architectures and Schemes for Single Core, Multi/Many-Core, NoC, Embedded Systems, Reconfigurable Computing, Grid, Ubiquitous, Dependable Computing, GALS and 3D Integration.
- Cool Software including Parallel Schedulers, Embedded Real-time Operating System, Binary Translations, Compiler Issues and Low Power Application Techniques.
Proposals should consist of a title, an extended abstract (up to 3 pages) describing the product or topic to be presented and the name, job title, address, phone number, FAX number, and e-mail address of the presenter. Please prepare the extended abstract using the given guidelines and template.
We will upload author’s kit here.
In the extended abstract, the status of the product or topic should precisely be described. If this is a not-yet-announced product, and you would like to keep the submission confidential, please indicate it. We will do our best to maintain confidentiality.
Proposals will be selected by the program committee’s evaluation of interest to the audience. Submission should be made through submission site.
- February 8, 2019 Extended Abstract Submission (through website)
- March 15, 2019 Acceptance Notified (by e-mail)
- March 29, 2019 Final Manuscript Submission
|Call for Posters|
You are invited to submit proposals for a poster session. Submission should be made through website. Detailed instructions will be in author’s kit uploaded here.
Extended abstract submissions should be ONE page, formatted using standard two-column IEEE format. In addition, one page may be added optionally for figures or tables only. Please be careful not to put the main text of your abstract into the additional second page.
They are refereed primarily based on their relevance to the conference. We also welcome proposals presenting works in progress or reporting preliminary results, in any of the conference themes. Accepted abstracts will be published in the Proceedings of the COOL Chips 22.
All poster presenters will be given the opportunity to present their work in short talks at Main Hall. Therefore, at least one of the authors must be registered at the conference.
Author Schedule (Poster):
- March 22, 2019 Extended Poster Abstract Submission (through website)
- March 25, 2019 Poster Acceptance Notified (by e-mail)
Sponsored by the Technical Committees on Microprocessors and Microcomputers and Computer Architecture of the IEEE Computer Society (approval pending). In cooperation with the IEICE Electronics Society and IPSJ.